How to Create a Form using Google Docs
One of the primary reasons due to which I use Google Docs is because of the ease in which data is collected over the internet. The web form is the primary way in which the user enters his data and then that data is fed in the repository of the system.
Setting up the form is now a child’s play with Google Docs. You can set your form in just 5 minutes which otherwise would have taken about 1 hour.
Here is a step by step procedure as to how you can setup a simple form.
- First of all you need a Google account so that you can use the Google Docs.
- Login to this account and then click on the Documents tab that is situated on the top left of the window.
- Click on the Create New button on the top left corner and then select Form from the list.
- Now you are ready to make your form. Do note down beforehand about the elements that you will need in your form.
- The elements are arranged as questions which are arranged in a drop down list. There are seven elements in the list from which you have to select one. These elements are:
a. Text which is similar to a textbox.
b. Paragraph Text which is similar to a text field
c. Multiple Choice which is similar radio button group
e. Choose from a List which is similar to drop down list
f. Scale is similar to the rating tab
g. Grid is similar to the grid layout of the scale where we can collect information about different fields.
If you want some question to be mandatory then simply click on the checkbox that says “Make this a required question”.
- We will create a form using all the elements described above and once you are finished click on the link that is given below the form
- The following is the screenshot of the form that is just created
- You can also edit the confirmation message by clicking on the More actions button on the upper right side of the form.
- Once you have created, there must be some file on which you should be recording the responses of the user. For this purpose the Google spreadsheets have been used which provides a spreadsheet like layout of all the responses that are entered by the users.
Now that we have prepared the form, let’s now run it and see the results for it.
The response is stored in an excel type file which is stored in the documents itself. Here is a screenshot of this file.
Author Bio : Delivering remote assistance with Techinlien helps organizations respond faster, allocate helpdesk specialists more evenly, improve overall productivity, and immediately resolve incidents that would otherwise require a significant amount of resources. Techinlien transforms technical support into a virtual task.